Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Guest Book Alternatives



**DISCLAIMER: I AM THE LEAST CRAFTY PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE**

I have always hated the idea of a guest book. This hatred is probably due to the fact that my mother never chose to display hers. It just became another book that got packed away. Luckily, this Pinterest world we live in gives us access to SO MANY cute alternatives to a guest book.

I wanted something special that I could proudly display in our home. So, I picked up a few decorative cards at my craft store, had guests sign them with a special message, and then attached them all to a cork board. It's not quite as fancy as I wanted, but they can be removed easily if I choose a different frame or background.

Here are the basics steps I used for my collage. Feel free to tweak and change it to fit your own style.

((SUPPLIES: cards, straight pins, paper background, cork board or canvas, scissors, tape, one push pin))

1. Cover your cork board/canvas with solid or patterned paper of your choice. This will be seen in little nooks and crannies when all is said and done. Pay special attention to the border. 




2. Arrange your pre-signed cards so all your sweet messages can be seen clearly.




3. Consult your cat supervisor. 




4. Once everything looks good, use a push pin to prep the holes for the straight pins. Then slide the straight pin through. (You can skip this and glue everything instead. I just liked the look of the pins.)




5. Bend the straight pins that poke through the board and tape them down. Beware: It will look like a torture chamber back there!


Voila! You have a cute way to display reminders of your special day. If stabbing yourself with straight pins isn't your thing, here are a few other great guest book alternatives. Enjoy!!





No comments: